Lawrence J. Praeger
Certification / Specialties
- Board Certified, Family Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Mediation Training (Certification), Dispute Resolution Center, Austin, 2008
- Basic Certificate from Texas Commission on Law Officer Standards and Education, 1983
- Texas, 1981
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas, 1982
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas, 1986
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1986
Education / Professional Activities
- South Texas College of Law, Houston, May 1981, J.D.
- Simons Rock College, Great Barrington, Massachusetts, 1976, B.A.
- Collaborative Law Training, 2000
- Completed Texas District and County Attorney’s Association Basic Prosecution course, July 1983
- Completed Career Prosecutor course sponsored by the National College of District Attorneys, July 1984
- “A-V” rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- 5 years’ service on the District 6 Grievance Committee of the State Bar of Texas
- Clean Elections Texas Education Fund, Former Board Member
- Black v. Dallas County Child Welfare Services, 835 S.W. 2nd 626 (Tex. 1992)
- U.S. v. Haga, 821 F. 2nd 1036 (5th Cir. 1987)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Dallas Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- State Bar of Texas, Sections on Criminal Law, Family Law & Juvenile Law, Member
- September 1988 – present
Self-employed. Family law and related litigation, criminal law, mediation and professional licensing issues
- April 1986 – September 1988
Associate with the firm of Perini & Carlock. Practice limited to family law, criminal law, and related civil litigation.
- March 1985 – March 1986
Associate with Shields, Blankenship & Noble. General practice.
- September 1982 – February 1985
Assistant County Attorney, Bell County, Texas. Criminal prosecution and representation of the State in suits affecting the parent-child relationship.